About inetnum "ownership"

Jérôme Nicolle jerome at ceriz.fr
Mon Feb 22 10:03:07 UTC 2016

Hi,

How come we've had an inetnum market in place whereas an inetnum cannot
have a market value ?

It's my understanding that the IP adress space is nothing but numbers
and that RIR/LIRs are only responsible for the uniqueness of allocations
and assignements, that is, a transfer of liability over a shared and
common immaterial resource, between community members.

I'm wondering how did we made "Temporary and conditionnal liabality
transfer" a synonym of "perpetual and inconditional usufruct transfer".

May you please enlight me ?

Thanks !

--
Jérôme Nicolle