Softlayer / Blocking Cuba IP's ?

Faisal Imtiaz faisal at snappytelecom.net
Fri Feb 19 23:21:00 UTC 2016

Ola Carlos,

I am very familiar with Govt. instituted restrictions, and yes, people always find ways to get around it. I cannot speak for the Cuban Gov. nor for the US Gov. as to what they decide to do and when.

What was/is irksome about Softlayer's decision is the following:-

1) Unilateral implementation of a restricted policy without any notification.

2) The broad stroke implementation of a Gov Policy that does not apply to the communication service they applied the policy to.

i.e. As much as we all dislike Dictatorial Behavior, and we fully recognize Softlayer is a Private Entity, who can exercise it's right to act Dictatorially, Such behavior in the overall community (Internet) is frowned upon and (as it should) have a long term negative affect to business.

Saludos.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email: Support at Snappytelecom.net