Cogent <=> Google Peering issue

Fred Hollis fred at web2objects.com
Thu Feb 18 06:24:34 UTC 2016

Yes, it's a global Cogent problem. We are in contact with them as well
and were told that they're aware of that but can't do anything about it
on their own.

> Dear Cogent Customer,
>
> Cogent NOC team has been working with Verizon as well as Google to assist with resolving the issue. After further investigation there is no issue on the Cogent network which is causing the issue that you are seeing. Currently we have asked for  Google and Verizon to work together to assist with resolving the issue which has been isolated to their end of the spectrum.
>
> As you can see, this issue is beyond Cogent control nevertheless, we continue pushing to get it resolve. We will provide you with further updates as they arise.

I am getting a "Destination unreachable" from their closest router. We
did rerouting through a different carrier, so not a big problem for us,
but still annoying.