Cable Operator List

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 18:24:19 UTC 2016

Yes, we are in the USA. So based on everyones recommendations, I am going
to stay far away from EURODOCSIS. I was told be a vendor that Arris and
other USA FCC certified cable modems could easily be flashed to EURODOCIS
mode, so I did not think the CPE side was that big of a deal (is that even
true). I was not aware that there were so many differences besides just the
channel width.

So, assuming we are talking about DOCSIS only (and not EURODOCSIS), what do
you recommend? I like the idea of being able to upgrade to 3.1, but not
sure if there are any small systems capable of this? By small I mean
something that could feed less than 100 units, and be economical to do.
Cable has the advantage of cheap modems, so it's really the CMTS side.

Please remember I am only interested in data internet services over this
plant. Something that works for garden style layouts where I can bring
fiber or coaxial to the side of a garden townhome that has between 4 to 16
units inside of it. The reason I requested a harden outdoor unit is that
most all of the garden style properties have both the phone
and coaxial drops on the outside of the building. There is no central
closet or room. Plus we are in the south, so hardened for the
heat exposure makes sense.

A remote MAC-PHY (or pre remote MAC-PHY, ala mini CMTS) sounds like what I
want. I will check into Huawei and Gainspeed. Who else makes these?