Cable Operator List

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Tue Feb 2 16:12:45 UTC 2016

Scott Helms wrote:
> My 2 cents, buy CMTS/CCAP gear that's upgradeable to D3.1, ie CBR8, E6000,
> or the big Casa unit, for the time being shoot for 24 channel downstream
> bonding groups (24 * ~37mbps - overhead) which yields about 740 mbps
> usable.

the good thing about eurodocsis is that it gives you a full 1gig usable
if you're bonding over 24 channels.  There's a natural residential
performance plateau at 1G because 10G NICs haven't really made it to the
consumer level yet, which means that if you want to hand off > 1gbit,
things become more expensive and/or more complicated.

Nick