Recent NTP pool traffic increase

Majdi S. Abbas msa at latt.net
Fri Dec 30 18:19:48 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 11:31:08PM -0500, Laurent Dumont wrote:
> What I mostly meant is that there should be a regulated, industry-wide
> effort in order to provide a stable and active pool program. With the
> current models, a protocol that is widely used by commercial devices is
> being supported by the time and effort of volunteers around the world.

	Who's authoritative for time?  Even the national labs aren't --
UTC is figured well after the fact.

	Thing about the pool is -- you may use it, you don't have to.
You're welcome to provide your own services, including to your
customers.

	There has to be one sole DNS -- there isn't one sole source of
time.

	--msa