[Tier1 ISP]: Vulnerable to a new DDoS amplification attack

j.j.santanna at utwente.nl j.j.santanna at utwente.nl
Thu Dec 22 08:46:58 UTC 2016

Hi Jean,

You are either naive or have a lot of guts to offer a Booter service in one of the most respected network operators list. Man, as long as you use amplifiers (third party services) or botnets your “service” is illegal & immoral.  In case you use your own infrastructure or rent a legal (cloud) infrastructure to provide your "service" it will not pay your costs. Not at least by the price that you offer your service: 0,  13, 100 bucks. Even if you have a legal/moral acceptable attack infrastructure, if you throw those big attacks that you advertise will possibly take down many others third-parties on the way.

Sometimes you folks say that (mis)use amplifiers for “testing” purpose is not a problem because those services are open and publicly available on the Internet. Come on… if I leave my car open with the key inside it doesn’t give you the right to use my car to throw into a third party company. And if you do, it is YOUR CRIME, not mine.

I don’t need to explain why using botnets is illegal and immoral, right?

Man, it is up to you decide between cyber crime and cyber security (https://www.europol.europa.eu/activities-services/public-awareness-and-prevention-guides/cyber-crime-vs-cyber-security-what-will-you-choose). Now, we are also looking to you on http://booterblacklist.com<http://booterblacklist.com/>. Thanks!

Cheers,

Jair Santanna