Cogent NOC

Randy amps at djlab.com
Wed Dec 14 23:56:54 UTC 2016

On 12/14/2016 3:42 pm, Bryan Holloway wrote:
> Odd, though, that they didn't respond for three days. I've typically
> had good luck with that, although admittedly it's been months since
> I've opened an e-mail ticket with their NOC. Spam-filter?

No, I got a confirmation and ticket ID immediately.   Three days later I
call it in and they pull it up, sure enough nobody took ownership.  Same
thing happened about a month ago.   Seems email ticket priority is zero.
   You HAVE to call to get any kind of action.  And it also seems the
front line techs are not as skilled as before -- basic pinging and
questionable understanding of traceroutes / asymmetrical routing.

It didn't used to be this way.

~Randy