Canadian Legacy Subnets & ARIN - Looking for feedback

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Fri Dec 9 22:11:03 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 09, 2016 at 03:23:54PM -0500, Alain Hebert wrote:
>     Yes that is the harder part, and that they date back from the
> UToronto days (93-96 or about).
>
>     I do not think any of those faxes survived (or someone bothered
> archiving them on micro fiche) =D

open a dialogue with the folks at ARIN.

my guess is they have a cache of documents that were forwarded to them by
the likes of herb kugel and others, when the transition happened.

they may not be complete, but they will likely have enough info to get you
authorized to fix things up.

when it comes to the legacy stuff, i've found ARIN to be fair, but thorough.

--jim

>     In any case, thx for the follow up.
>
> -----
> Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
> PubNIX Inc.
> 50 boul. St-Charles
> P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
> Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443
>
> On 12/09/16 12:31, John Curran wrote:
> > Alain -
> >
> >     It shouldn't be difficult to resolve, presuming that changes were
> >     made in error.
> >
> >     Are you the best person to work with on this,  or someone else in
> >     your organization?
> >
> > /John
> >
> > John Curran
> > President and CEO
> > ARIN
> >
> >> On Dec 9, 2016, at 11:32 AM, Alain Hebert <ahebert at pubnix.net> wrote:
> >>
> >>    Hi,
> >>
> >>    How easy is it to resolve?
> >>
> >>    We have 4-5 subnets which where erroneously assigned to our
> >> customers when ARIN took over all the NA smaller registries like UToronto.
> >>
> >>    All the paperwork refer to US legalese, which we have some
> >> difficulties meshing with Canadian resources at our disposal.
> >>
> >>    ( And some level of form-phobia from my part =D )
> >>
> >>    Beside that, good friday.
> >>
> >> --
> >> -----
> >> Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
> >> PubNIX Inc.
> >> 50 boul. St-Charles
> >> P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
> >> Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443

--
Jim Mercer     Reptilian Research      jim at reptiles.org    +1 416 410-5633

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
 -- Hunter S. Thompson