Forwarding issues related to MACs starting with a 4 or a 6 (Was: [c-nsp] Wierd MPLS/VPLS issue)

Alexandru Suciu asuciu at arista.com
Wed Dec 7 12:19:02 UTC 2016

The root cause for that issue is most likely due to the following bug:

BUG65077 : On the DCS-7150 series, the MPLS label of a frame may be
incorrectly overwritten by a DSCP field update in the ASIC.  Fixed in
4.11.7 , 4.12.6 , 4.13.0 .

It was not related on the MAC values but rather the incorrect parsing of
the MPLS header.

--
Regards,
Alexandru Suciu