Why the internal network delays, Gmail?

Ken Chase math at sizone.org
Sat Aug 27 01:53:46 UTC 2016

Im thankful Nate posted. Gmail isnt a small system that affects only a small
percentage of people worldwide, and therefore a perfect candidate for a mail-
specific list that many (and many nanoggers like me) arent part of, for lack of
additional bandwidth in life.

However, gmail not working (similar to 8.8.8.8/.4.4 or 4.2.2.2 not working)
shouldnt be on a mail-only or dns-only ops list im not part of: when 8.8.8.8
doesnt work, the complaints appear as "is there a power failure at your datacentre?"
to "my website is down!" - same deal with gmail, it's that big.

While I cant say exactly what that cutoff line is for mail and dns issues
being postable to nanog or not, I definitely know gmail is pretty much the top
of the pile (for now).

Thanks Nate!

/kc

--