Managed global low latency network with any to any connectivity

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Wed Aug 24 15:48:18 UTC 2016

This is kind of the holy grail of networks you are looking for.  You have to be a lot more specific than global to really shop this.  As far as I know (and I have looked a lot), there is not one network that can get you to most countries with the best performance.  For example, China is a particular case of a limited number of carriers delivering the last mile.  There are a lot of countries that also have nationalized monopolies that can't be avoided.  Best idea is to put together an RFP listing the countries you are interested in with the SLA you want.  Various providers are teamed with other providers to provide a complete solution but there will definitely be carriers stronger in certain regions.

If you are talking about any-to-any connectivity on a global basis you are looking at an MPLS VPN type of network in order to deal with last mile transport over various providers.  In my experience that is about the only way to get a real global any-to-any private network.

Also, the old saying: "cheap, reliable, fast; pick any two" really applies in this case.

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL