Managed global low latency network with any to any connectivity

Rod Beck rod.beck at unitedcablecompany.com
Wed Aug 24 15:45:05 UTC 2016

There are standard routes and there are low latency routes that serve mostly traders. The latter charge a big premium. He said the lowest possible latency. That is a specialty market where the SLAs are in microseconds, not milliseconds. Many carriers have a division for ultra low latency. Hibernia Atlantic built express which is just used by financial traders. No one else can afford it. And since low latency is the name of the game, it means waves or SDH or SONET. Not Ethernet switching.

Regards,

Roderick.