Email to text - vtext.com blacklisting ip

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Wed Aug 17 18:13:54 UTC 2016

We’d experienced similar, plus, email to text doesn’t work if the path between alerting system and email gateway is broken.

We bought a few of these cellular gateways:  http://www.smseagle.eu/

Then I went into a t-mobile store and bought a few $25/mo SIM cards, put credit card on file to auto renew each month, slapped them in, and pointed our NMS’s at them.  Now we can send SMS alerts from each facility and have had no reliability issues.  There’s an easy to write for http interface, and many common things, like Zabbix or Nagios, already have modules written.

David