Zayo Extortion

Anne Mitchell amitchell at isipp.com
Tue Aug 16 14:45:29 UTC 2016

>> to say "our accounting system does not track invoice details -- it only shows the total amount due so your numbers mean nothing to us."
>> All the while they relentlessly levied disconnect threats with short timelines such as: "if you don't pay us $128,000 by this Friday,
>> we will shut your operation down."
> [...]
>> At one point their lawyers and accounting people had the nerve to say "our accounting system does not track invoice details
>
> Are you talking with your SP's lawyers without your a legal team of
> your own present and advising you?
> I think one of the first things they should tell you is not to discuss
> pending disputes in public. Time to get
> a consultation with your own Lawyers to assist with billing dispute
> resolution, ASAP.

Not to mention that accusing someone of a crime (extortion), in public (in this context I would argue that this is public, especially as the term 'community' was used in the allegation) is a pretty serious thing.

Anne P. Mitchell,
Attorney at Law
Legislative Consultant
CEO/President,
SuretyMail Email Reputation Certification and Inbox Delivery Assistance
http://www.SuretyMail.com/
http://www.SuretyMail.eu/

Available for consultations by special arrangement.

Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal anti-spam law)
Member, California Bar Cyberspace Law Committee
Member, Colorado Cybersecurity Consortium
Member, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop Committee
Ret. Professor of Law, Lincoln Law School of San Jose
Ret. Chair, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
amitchell at isipp.com | @AnnePMitchell
Facebook/AnnePMitchell  | LinkedIn/in/annemitchell