Google compute engine private ASNs

Lee Fuller leefuller23 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 06:43:18 UTC 2016

Hey, first post so sorry if it's misguided. I'm curious about the BGP
implementation in Google compute engine that allows you to define routing
policy using private ASN numbers. How similar is it in terms of learning
about BGP as a broader concept, or is it all smoke and mirrors?

I'm not in a position where iBGP would benefit me in any other context than
learning so I'm keen not to bother if it's too abstracted from a real world
scenario.

Lee Fuller (mobile)

PGP Fingerprint: 4ACAEBA4B9EE1B3A075034302D5C3D050E6ED55A