Host.us DDOS attack

Robert Webb rwfireguru at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 13:41:57 UTC 2016

Anyone have any additonal info on a DDOS attack hitting host.us?

Woke up to no email this morning and the following from their web site:

*Following an extortion attempt, HostUS is currently experiencing sustained
large-scale DDOS attacks against a number of locations. The attacks were
measured in one location at 300Gbps. In another location the attacks
temporarily knocked out the entire metropolitan POP for a Tier-1 provider.
Please be patient. We will return soon. Your understanding is appreciated.
  *

>From my monitoring system, looks like my VPS went unavailable around 23:00
EDT last night.

Robert