Operations task management software?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Aug 2 16:31:24 UTC 2016

On 27 July 2016 at 21:16, David Hubbard <dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com> wrote:

Hey,

> Hi all, curious if anyone has recommendations on software that helps manage routine duties assigned to operations staff?

I'd solicit opinions as well. There are few features I'd like to see:

1) ability to create parent+child, if all childs are closed, parent
closes if parent is closed, childs close

2) ability to create dependencies, perhaps I have some design change I
want to make, but it can't be done until large bunch of operational
work is done, I could create tickets for ops, and then create ticket
for myself, and make it depend on the the ops ticket being solved. It
wouldn't be seen in my work queue, until all solve-dependencies are
solved.

3) user (non-admin) access to API, if the UI is bad, like it probably
is for my very small subnet of things I need, I could create own CLI
UI addressing solely the use cases that are relevant to me, in an
streamlined, low-time-cost UI to me. In dream scenario shipping webUI
is dog-fooding documented API, so anything I can do there, I can do
from my own CLI UI.

There are probably others, but those are the main things I think I need.

--
  ++ytti