Arista Routing Solutions

Laszlo Hanyecz laszlo at heliacal.net
Thu Apr 28 12:47:45 UTC 2016

On 2016-04-28 11:06, Alain Hebert wrote:
>      Well,
>
>      Once you eliminate the ~160k superfluous prefixes (last time I
> checked)...  This is a none issue.
>
>      Some work on some sort summary function would keep those devices
> alive...  but we all know there is more money to be made the faster the
> device become obsolete :(

Can you explain how this works?  How can a router determine which prefix
is superfluous?  How does it cope when a suppressed prefix is withdrawn
or a more specific prefix is added? Is this just one of those 'it works
some of the time' solutions or is this something that can be done safely
with an appropriate algorithm?

Thanks,
Laszlo