phone fun, was GeoIP database issues and the real world consequences

RT Parrish routetarget at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 01:33:17 UTC 2016

Dan,

 I think that you mean that AT&T is the 1-800 pound gorilla. I know engineers at AT&T that are bitter about that whole arrangement this many years on.

I miss the glory days of everyone and their uncle spinning up a CLEC in the mid-90's. It made the ordering process complicated, especially if you were looking for local loop diversity and had to dig into which ILEC circuit things wee riding. Of course we were still doing lots of ISDN and the introduction of DSL was making life interesting for the smaller regional ISPs as well.

Cheers,
RT

Sent from my PINE emulated client