As a SP, what is your standard CoS configuration on JunOS?

Sean Kennedy skennedy at office.vcn.com
Tue Apr 19 04:07:10 UTC 2016

NANOG,

I realize that every SP handles marking and queueing/scheduling
differently, but I am curious to see other provider's 'standard' config
for QoS that is deployed on the JunOS platform.  What config do apply to
all your ingress interfaces for classification?  How are your core link
schedulers configured?  What kind of remarking do you do (specifically
on packets arriving on internet-facing interfaces)?  If you have a
converged network carrying both internet and carrier-eth/transport
traffic, how do you handle guaranteeing bandwidth to the carrier eth
services?

Thank you,
Sean