NCS5K?

Chris Welti chris.welti at switch.ch
Tue Apr 19 13:46:21 UTC 2016

According to some slides from a russian cisco connect event, the upcoming small-size
NCS 5501 and NCS 5502 will support 1M+ FIB and 50ms per port buffers.
Seem to be killer boxes. 48x100GE in 2RU with large FIB & buffers? Loving it already.
I wonder what prices will look like for those.

With Google Translate:

NCS 5501
• 800 Gbps @ 430 watts
• 40 x SFP + 1G / 10G + 4 x QSFP28 100G
• 1RU
• Intel Broadwell CPU 8Core @ 1.6GHz
• Dimensions WxDxH 444mm x551mm x 44mm
• External TCAM for more FIB, large buffers (~ 50 ms)
• 1-2M IPv4 FIB
• The same set of features as a modular
• FCS in IOS XR 6.1.1

NCS 5502