Software for circuit documentation

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Mon Apr 18 17:41:00 UTC 2016

I’ve been meaning to get pricing for Ericsson’s Adaptive Inventory (formerly Granite) for a mid-sized ISP client. It’s world-class, but it may turn out to be insanely expensive. I’m also investigating cloud solutions. Most of the legacy commercial products are stuck in the LEC/CLEC inventory regime of T1s, T3s, and circuit grooming, with little support for MPLS, IPv6, or SLA management. Those are the big pain points today for most ISPs grappling with provisioning complexity.

 -mel