[Non-DoD Source] Re: G root not responding on UDP?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:28:01 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 5:23 PM, Cassell, James D CIV DISA IE (US) <
james.d.cassell4.civ at mail.mil> wrote:

> Regarding yesterday's G-root outage:
>
> Like many outages, this one resulted from a series of unfortunate events.
> These unfortunate events were operational errors; steps have been taken to
> prevent any reoccurrence, and to provide better service in the future.

​
thanks for engaging, I wonder if there's a post-mortem coming for this?
Folk that run significant infrastructure often run into problems before us
normal folk do... so learning from your missteps is educational for the
rest of us :)

-chris
(also, someone, me maybe? asked the same thing from ARIN's folk when they
made a boo-boo with rdns records ~1 month or so ago... so fair's fair! :) )​