Stop IPv6 Google traffic

Constantine A. Murenin mureninc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 00:12:19 UTC 2016

On 10 April 2016 at 14:48, Jon Lewis <jlewis at lewis.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Apr 2016, Max Tulyev wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I need to stop IPv6 web traffic going from our customers to Google
>> without touching all other IPv6 and without blackhole IPv6 Google
>> network (this case my customers are complaining on long timeouts).
>>
>> What can you advice for that?
>

> Just use Cogent transit for IPv6.  Problem solved.  :)

Unless Cogent is doing something different for Google than HE does for
Cogent, using Cogent is unlikely to solve the timeout issues:

% telnet -6 www.cogentco.com 80
Trying 2001:550:1::cc01...
^C
%

As has already been pointed out, the proper half-baked solution is to
return a destination unreachable packet in these situations, instead
of silently dropping the packets and forcing the clients to go through
a timeout.

Cheers,
Constantine.SU.