Colocation Server Lifts

Sam Oduor sam.oduor at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 22:13:40 UTC 2016

Yes, I would expect a lift at a colo but in terms of regulations (safety) I
do not think it is a mandatory requirement for most colo's

Allowing customers to use them can be a yes or no ; it requires some basic
operational skills to operate - you just cant trust a client visiting to
use it unless some vetting is in place for this.

It should be free and a datacentre operator needs to assist or at-least
supervise in usage.

The weight depends on the model of the lift .

Some helpful resources:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uLWVMOfY0U

http://www.serverlift.com/

--