How to force rapid ipv6 adoption

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Sep 30 06:31:53 UTC 2015

On 29/Sep/15 22:55, Josh Luthman wrote:

> I think he means new releases are v6 for the first 48 hours...then trickle
> to v4.  Which means that people wanting to see that new release urgently
> would have to wait two days.
>
> Netflix is definitely not the service to do that.  Hulu, Amazon or HBO GO
> maybe.  Netflix content tends to be pretty old (apart from their own
> content, of course).

I think this is more "feasible" if Netflix offered a dedicated, 24/7/365
pr0n channel that only streamed on IPv6.

If an IPv4-only Netflix subscriber tried to tune to that, they'd get a
big fat "IPv6 required to view this FREE content. Please contact your
service provider blah blah blah" on their TV screen.

That could facilitate a "bottom-up" push; perhaps the only time we'll
ever hear customers requesting for IPv6.

Leave all the regular programming on IPv4 - we all know what drives
Internet traffic anyway :-).

Mark.