SNMP - monitoring large number of devices

Tom Sands tsands at rackspace.com
Wed Sep 30 04:18:34 UTC 2015

We have used ZenOss for a number of years at this scale (40k+ devices, at intervals of 1-5 minutes). It is possible to do if you have the hardware and storage performance to throw at it. We used OpenNMS before that and had to change due to scale. During that time we evaluated a number of the big name and big dollar solutions and none of them seemed to scale any better without significantly more hardware costs.
That's not to say ZenOss is perfect, we have plenty of headaches too.

Sent from my iPhone