Prefix hijacking by AS20115

Sandra Murphy sandy at tislabs.com
Tue Sep 29 15:36:54 UTC 2015

On Sep 28, 2015, at 11:59 PM, Bob Evans <bob at FiberInternetCenter.com> wrote:

> Would be nice if our membership organization ARIN ( that we all pay to
> keep us somewhat organized) had an ability to do something for you.... I
> never looked into it...i don't know....maybe it does ?

No one else has said this, so…

RPKI.  Which ARIN does do.

—Sandy

P.S.  The following has numerous points of weirdness.

about 104.73.161.0/24, RADB says:

route: 104.73.161.0/24
descr: Proxy for Akamai (AS20940) and Roller Networks (AS11170)
origin: AS20115
mnt-by: MAINT-CHTR-WD
changed: tim.weber at charter.com 20150312 #20:32:27Z
source: RADB

route: 104.73.161.0/24
descr: Akamai Technologies
origin: AS20940
mnt-by: AKAM1-RIPE-MNT
changed: unread at ripe.net 20000101
source: RIPE
remarks: ****************************
remarks: * THIS OBJECT IS MODIFIED
remarks: * Please note that all data that is generally regarded as personal
remarks: * data has been removed from this object.
remarks: * To view the original object, please query the RIPE Database at:
remarks: * http://www.ripe.net/whois

route: 104.64.0.0/10
descr: Akamai
origin: AS35994