Do you have INOC-DBA set up? (was: Re: PCH.net questions and thoughts - Re: Prefix hijacking by AS20115)

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Sep 29 15:19:57 UTC 2015

I entirely disagree, Job.

The idea of a private tieline network that is connected, by SIP, to a line
appearance in the NOC of each AS, and no one else is on it, seems like a
fine idea to me.

And that was INOC-DBA's original goal, as I understand it:

You're having a problem?  It's coming from some specific AS?

Pick up the phone, mash the red INOC line button, dial the AS
number, and you're talking to their NOC.

And that's *authenticated*: since it's low enough churn to set up
by hand, it's authenticated by humans.

Show of hands: who has it set up, correctly, right now?