GeoIP information

Clay Curtis clay584 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 17:39:22 UTC 2015

You're example is one specific case.  I'm not advocating that it works in
every case, or that geo-location should be used in routing decisions
exclusively.  I have dealt with cases in which a CDN responded to a client
request with a resource on another continent, thus having to cross an ocean
and adding considerable latency, when there was a POP on that continent.
If the CDN could have LOC information that is more accurate/updated, it
could allow them to make a better decision and direct a client to a
resource that is physically closer.  It's another piece of information.
Clearly Maxmind or whatever other current means there are to determine
physical location are not ideal.

Clay