GeoIP information

Ian Clark ian.clark at dreamhost.com
Fri Sep 25 01:48:28 UTC 2015

Is there anyone here who has successfully changed their GeoIP data for a
subset of their ARIN allocation?
How do service providers get all the GeoIP companies to have correct
information for their address ranges?  Do they just pay them to update it?
At first I thought it had to do with whois data, but my home Verizon IP
whois lists Ashburn, VA, yet the GeoIP data shows my local city.

We're trying to find a way to correct our GeoIP data for a specific IP
range, but aren't sure what the best practices are for doing so.  Any
advice would be awesome!

--
Ian Clark
Network Engineer