ARIN Region IPv4 Free Pool Reaches Zero

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Sep 24 18:55:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

> IPv6 traffic roughly doubled in my view of the internet in the past ~2 weeks as the 9.0 GM image hit and the public release of 9.0 came out.

0.001% of traffic to 0.002%  ;-)

joking aside as I'm a big IPv6 champion.... IPv6 is picking up a lot recently....and whilst
the bahviour change of IOS9 has helped...clients themselves dont change the networks they are using -
the networks themselves need to support this protocol, route it etc as we all know...so, if nothing
else, IOS9 has revealed more that many parts of the internet are IPv6 enabled and ready to be used.

alan