Ear protection

Sameer Khosla skhosla at neutraldata.com
Thu Sep 24 15:36:58 UTC 2015

For years we have used the Peltor/3M Bluetooth headsets in the datacenter.  Proper hearing protection and noise cancelling mic, with the added bonus of protecting my head a bit when I am up on the ladder in the DC and can easily bang into potentially sharp things.  http://goo.gl/ShTCEF

They are about $375-$450ish retail, we picked some up on ebay in around $200 brand new.  We have about 6 pairs that so far have lasted 8-9+ years with no problems.

The only major suggestion if you are going to use them on a regular basis is to get the gel earcup replacements.  These seem to be about $60ish.

Sk.