Recent trouble with QUIC?

Mike Meredith mike.meredith at port.ac.uk
Thu Sep 24 08:10:08 UTC 2015

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 19:01:19 -0500, Sean Hunter <jamesb2147 at gmail.com>
may have written:
> a) Has anyone here had a similar experience? Was the root cause QUIC
> in your case?

Yes. No; in our case our firewall (a PA5060 running PANOS6.1.3 at the
time) was allowing some QUIC packets through, but not others. As it was
newly deployed at the time, it was soon blamed :-\

> b) Has anyone noticed anything remotely similar in the last few
> weeks/days/today?

Only because I enabled QUIC within Chrome on our test network to verify
that it was still a problem.

> We're an Apps domain, so this may be specific to universities in the
> Apps universe.

As are we.

--
Mike Meredith, University of Portsmouth
Principal Systems Engineer, Hostmaster, Security, and Timelord!