Service Providers behaviour for dual homed enterprises

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Thu Sep 24 07:16:59 UTC 2015

Many transit providers support BGP communities to modify how your
announced routes are treated within their network. A quick search shows
that AT&T supports BGP community 7018:70 to lower the default local-pref
100 down to 70 (below peer routes).  If you tag your AT&T announced
routes with BGP community 7018:70, then even AT&T customers should
prefer to enter via Verizon.

Clinton.