Verizon Wireless LTE/4G and SIP Header Manipulation

Mark Stevens manager at monmouth.com
Tue Sep 22 20:16:28 UTC 2015

The TAG unique identifier is being changed and this only happens through
VZ LTE networks, not wired networks or even other cellular data networks
(Sprint, ATT, T-Mobile)
Their phones are IPV6 so the packets are getting converted to IPV4 so it
is either happening there or there is a global ALG in Verizon land that
is doing it .
For positive proof I would need Verizon to fess up (LOL) but that will
not happen or sniff traffic from the cellphone itself.