Skype off line ??

zaphodb at zaphods.net zaphodb at zaphods.net
Mon Sep 21 11:21:38 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-21 12:58, Max Tulyev wrote:
> Google hangouts and jit.si are services, not a client of open protocol.
>
> Feel the difference.

Well you can set a server wide default for Jabber/XMPP MUC chats at
least with ejabberd.
https://www.process-one.net/docs/ejabberd/guide_en.html#htoc50
"history_size: Size
A small history of the current discussion is sent to users when they
enter the room. With this option you can define the number of history
messages to keep and send to users joining the room. The value is an
integer. Setting the value to 0 disables the history feature and, as a
result, nothing is kept in memory. The default value is 20. This value
is global and thus affects all rooms on the service."

Thats not quite the same though as you get with Skype where i think the
history gets synced in a bi-directional fashion.

kind regards,

  Stefan