Extraneous "legal" babble--and my reaction to it.

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Sep 9 17:32:33 UTC 2015

> On 09/09/2015 06:36 AM, Dovid Bender wrote:
>> I am trying to understand why the legal babble bothers anyone. Does
>> it give you a nervous twitch? Remind you why you hate legal? It's
>> just text at the bottom of your email.

Here's the thing...

If your employer insists on attaching a legalistic signature to your
email which warns the recipient that the message is for their eyes
only... it's because you are not authorized to make public statements
as an employee of the company.

So please respect that limitation and make your _public_ posts to
NANOG without using your work email address.

'Cause if you don't respect us enough not to flood us with wacky legal
documents and you don't respect your employer enough to obey their
rules, why should we respect anything else you have to say?

Make sense?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us