Extraneous "legal" babble--and my reaction to it.

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Sep 9 17:29:36 UTC 2015

In my case, I resent the idea that some lawyer somewhere thought I could somehow be bound to an agreement I never agreed to which does not appear to me until I have reached the end of an email on which he/she feels I should be bound.

It’s an absurd construct. It’s a waste of bits that could be used for good purpose such as discussing why we all dislike lawyers so much. It’s a display of arrogance and it’s presumptuous.

In short, it’s an offensive behavior.

The fact that it is a corporate policy only makes it more offensive.

Owen