Any Tool to replace Peakflow CP

alvin nanog nanogml at Mail.DDoS-Mitigator.net
Sun Sep 6 16:32:13 UTC 2015

hi pavel

On 09/06/15 at 06:11pm, Pavel Odintsov wrote:
> Thanks for recommendation, Alvin!

just "on the list of flow stuff to look at"
- opensource like fastnetmon is good for techies and solving problems
- commercial products may be what large corp purchasing folks like

i've looked into the flow based products and got more confused :-)

> As author of FastNetMon I will be very glad to hear some feedback
> about my tool and could help with configuration / development :)

cool ...

i went googlin around and found some additional info for the url list

> On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 6:22 AM, alvin nanog
> <nanogml at mail.ddos-mitigator.net> wrote:
> >
> > hi aluisio
> >
> > On 09/06/15 at 02:01am, Aluisio da Silva wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Does anyone here have a suggestion for a tool to replace Peakflow CP from Arbor Networks?
> >
> > # for reference
> > http://www.arbornetworks.com/products
> >
> >> Please if possible you would like hear some suggestions.
> >
> > - sflow based
- sflow based # trademark owned by inmon
http://www.sflow.org/products  == list of vendors and collectors
> > http://www.sflow.com/products/floodprotect.php

their blog.sflow.com has lots of feedback and comparisons

http://www.inmon.com/products

> > http://www.andrisoft.com/software/wanguard
> > http://www.github.com/FastVPSEestiOu/fastnetmon
> > http://www.packetdam.com
> > http://www.radware.com/Products/DefenseFlow

- netflow based -- netflow prototcol superceded by IPFIX
http://www.cisco.com/go/netflow

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=pflow&sektion=4&manpath=OpenBSD+Current

one day, i'll go poke around at linux-based tools like openbsd's pflow

> > http://nfdump.sourceforge.net
> > http://nfsen.sourceforge.net
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/panoptis

- openflow based
http://www.opennetworking.org/sdn-resources/openflow
http://www.radware.com/Products/DefenseFlow

> > - jflow based
juniper.net/us/en/products-services/security/
	- still can't find the jflow info :-(

magic pixie dust
alvin
#