Akamai Geolocation Secret Sauce?

Gustavo Rodrigues Ramos gustavo at nexthop.com.br
Sat Sep 5 03:37:47 UTC 2015

Hello Ray,

I'm not familiar with Akamai's secret sauce. But I suppose geolocation
databases can be outdated very fast over time and things are getting worst
with the ipv4 depletion...

However, if you have a very large number of nodes spread across the globe,
you could use rtt and edns0 client subnet to map users and their locations.

https://blogs.akamai.com/2013/03/intelligent-user-mapping-in-the-cloud.html
https://blogs.akamai.com/2015/08/end-user-mapping-brings-users-closer-to-internet-nirvana.html

Regards,
Gustavo.