Extraneous "legal" babble--and my reaction to it.

Stephen Satchell list at satchell.net
Fri Sep 4 22:31:34 UTC 2015

On 09/04/2015 12:32 PM, Larry Sheldon wrote:
> As a defensive measure (among others) I crafted a .sig that contained
> all of the telephone numbers and email addresses by which I could be
> reached (included a pager number) 7 x 24 x 52 with (guaranteed) no more
> than 20 minute delay.
>
> It ran to 7 lines, including the dash dash space EOL protocol sentinel.

I, for one, feel your pain in this matter.  When I was a consultant in
The Bad Ol' Days, I had so many telephone numbers where I *could* be
that my .sig would be a run-on one as well.  As a compromise, I had my
cell number and a hyperlink to a Web site page with the full monte.

That was before I joined NANOG, so I never tested the tolerance of the
people here with that solution.

When I was employed as a full-timer (including now) my "work" mail has
the same sort of crap.  One option you might want to consider is to use
a personal e-mail account for places like NANOG with the single-line
disclaimer "Views expressed herein may not be my employer's view"