Extraneous "legal" babble--and my reaction to it.

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Fri Sep 4 19:32:56 UTC 2015

Y'all can stop thumping on me about it "because it is required by the
employer".

After contemplating my navel for a while, it dawned on me that my
sensitivity is due to an old wound.

Years ago, Faculty, Staff, Students, and myriad others more or less
loosely connected with my employer complained that they could never make
contact with me.

As a defensive measure (among others) I crafted a .sig that contained
all of the telephone numbers and email addresses by which I could be
reached (included a pager number) 7 x 24 x 52 with (guaranteed) no more
than 20 minute delay.

It ran to 7 lines, including the dash dash space EOL protocol sentinel.

I was banned from NANOG because of the excessive length.  (And yes, I
got banned for other things at other times as well, mostly having to to
do with trying to protect the network I administered from abuse.)
--
sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Juvenal)