Zero rating implentation strategies

Jean-Francois Mezei jfmezei_nanog at vaxination.ca
Tue Sep 1 17:47:50 UTC 2015

On 15-09-01 13:35, Christian Kuhtz wrote:
>  There is no red flag from a regulatory perspective based on the technology itself in my opinion.

There are other sections in the Canadian  Telecommunicatiosn Act about
controlling content. And there was a reference to the supreme court on
whether ISPs were liable for content that their deliver to customers,
which found that an ISP that blindly delivers packets doesn't control
content and therefore is not responsible for it.

So depending on how the zero rating is implemented, this may (or may
not) have implications.

What I am trying to do is to build a list of realistic techniques (aka:
what industry actually uses) which should force Vidéotron to fees up to
which one it uses.