Fw: new message

Niels Bakker niels=nanog at bakker.net
Mon Oct 26 21:21:15 UTC 2015

* jlewis at lewis.org (Jon Lewis) [Mon 26 Oct 2015, 22:14 CET]:
>Who's been "running" this runaway train of a mailing list...and who
>would someone talk to about volunteering to help manage/moderate it?

The moderators actually stepped in quickly, but they did not have
filesystem access for the necessary mailq | awk | xargs postsuper.

This episode clearly showed that many NANOG subscribers are incredibly
difficult to reach by email, because it took all weekend to deliver
several hundred emails to them.  I'd be interested in a log analysis
to see what domain(s) were the largest causes of queue run delays.

	-- Niels.