*tap tap* is this thing on?

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Mon Oct 26 17:24:44 UTC 2015

On Oct 26, 2015, at 13:10, Brielle Bruns <bruns at 2mbit.com> wrote:

> This spam flood is kinda hilarious in a way.  Any idea why no one with mod or admin privs for the mailing list has bothered to step in and deal with this?

I asked a similar question myself on another list.

But then after a minute's reflection, the fact that we all got 200+
messages like this on the NANOG list and not a single other message
complaining about it suggests that someone did actually hit the big
red moderation button promptly, and just waited until Monday to sort
it out (which would not have been completely unreasonable, I think).

The residual messages that tricked through after that seem likely to
be nothing more than outbound queues draining.

Joe