Android and DHCPv6 again

Dave Bell me at geordish.org
Thu Oct 15 14:52:23 UTC 2015

On 15 October 2015 at 13:22, Ray Soucy <rps at maine.edu> wrote:
> Android does not have a complete IPv6 implementation and should not be IPv6
> enabled.  Please do your part and complain to Google that Android does not
> support DHCPv6 for address assignment.
I use android devices on my network with IPv6 connectivity, and no
issues at all. It gets an address. Does DNS via IPv6, and can send
packets over IPv6. I don't use or need DHCPv6.

You may not be able to roll out IPv6 to them because you need DHCPv6.
In this case I suggest you complain to Google. Other people may not be
able to roll out IPv6 to them because they need DHCPv6. They should
also complain to Google. Suggesting that nobody rolls out IPv6 on them
because they don't support one feature they may not even need is
absurd. DHCPv6 is not a prerequisite for IPv6.

Regards,
Dave