/27 the new /24

James Jun james at towardex.com
Thu Oct 8 23:25:50 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 03:45:38PM -0700, Mike wrote:

> NO, THERE IS NOT. We operate in rural and underserved areas and WE DO
> NOT HAVE realistic choices. Can you see me from your ivory tower?

Who is your upstream provider?

I think you're confused on how the IP transit industry works.

If you want choices in your transit providers, you should get a transport
circuit (dark, wave or EPL) to a nearby carrier hotel/data center.  Once
you do that, you will suddenly find that virtually almost everyone in the
competitive IP transit market will provide you with dual-stacked IPv4/IPv6
service.

If you are buying DIA circuit from some $isp to your rural location that
you call "head-end" and are expecting to receive a competitive service,
and support for IPv6, well, then your expectations are either unreasonable,
ignorant or both.

Best,
James