/27 the new /24

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Sun Oct 4 18:15:04 UTC 2015

Stefann,

You're right. I remember hearing rumblings of vendors requesting this change, mostly because embedded processors of the time had difficulty performing well with IPv6. I see that in 2011 rfc6434 lowered IPSec from "must" to "should". Nevertheless, plenty of products produced before 2011 included IPSec and the vast majority of IPv6-capable nodes on the Internet have it today. Performance is no longer an issue.

 -mel beckman